The Douglas County Economic Development Authority is an independent agency charged with economic development for Douglas County, including the City of Douglasville and the sections of the cities of Austell and Villa Rica within Douglas County.
- Increase and diversify the local tax base
- Increase the number of quality jobs
- Improve the quality of life through increased economic opportunity
Our mission is to bring quality jobs and opportunities to the citizens of Douglasville and Douglas County through continued growth in new and existing industry and the redevelopment of obsolete retail centers. More than $4 billion in new investments have been made in Douglas County in the past five years through the efforts of the Development Authority.
We work toward our mission using the philosophy of “if we Can’t, Don’t or Won’t, someone else Can, Do or Will.” Using this as our guide, we strive to meet the needs of business at the speed of business. No project has left Douglas County because the Development Authority could not respond to their needs.
What We Do
New Business Recruitment
- Business development
- Project coordination
- Incentive structuring and proposal development
- Incentive implementation
- Engage to identify opportunities for expansion
- Assist with issues and concerns related to retention
- Workforce Development Committee
- Small business development
Policy and Public-Private Partnerships
- Work with cities, county, and state elected officials and agencies to implement competitive strategies for recruitment and retention
- Identify target industries and markets
Marketing and Public Relations
- Utilize a comprehensive branding strategy to market Douglas County throughout the national and international markets
- Media relations
- Promotion of film industry opportunities in Douglas County
Services We Offer
- Confidential site selection and marketing service
- Program financing and incentives
- Demographics and community information
- Fast track permitting
- Government liaison services
- Local traffic counts
- Aerial photography
- Zoning information
- Residential and commercial building trends
Our state-of-the-art Information Center is available for detailed information about specific parcels and available land, industrial, commercial, and retail space. Some information available through this service is: zoning, future land use, topography, aerial photography, demographics, tax history, owner of record, specific building data and more. Prospects, developers, brokers, property and business owners are invited to use this facility to help meet their business needs.
Who We Are
Created in 1973 by the Douglas County Board of Commissioners, the Development Authority is governed by a nine-member volunteer Board of Directors and a four-person full-time staff.